Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dinner For One - Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken

I'm threw this together tonight after I realized I had all the ingredients.

The Alfredo sauce is based on the one I've posted before (incidentally one of the most popular posts on this blog), and I marinated the chicken breast in lemon juice and olive oil.

Alfredo Sauce
  • 2 TB Butter
  • 2 TB Heavy Cream
  • 1/4 c. Grated Parmesan (I honestly have no idea how much I used, I'm a bit of a mouse and love cheese), plus more to top
  • Dash Nutmeg
OK, after marinating the chicken I sauteed it in some olive oil and garlic.  Seasoned with salt, pepper, and paprika.  You can add some Italian herbs if you like as well.  While the first side was cooking I heated up my water for the pasta.

When the pasta was done I drained the pasta and put it somewhere else, somewhere not the pot.  Melt the butter and add the cream to the pot, put it back on the stove on low.  When the sauce gets warm and starts to thicken, add the cheese and noodles.  Toss.  Top with the nutmeg.

No comments: