Monday, September 13, 2010

Dinner For One - Meatball Sandwich

All right here we go.  Really unhealthy today.  You can see I'm trying to offset the meatballs by throwing in the carrots and broccoli, but then I lose points by adding the side of ranch dip.

I'm pretty sure this could be a dinner for two or three, but let's be lazy and say that I'm making a meatball sandwich for dinner and I'm gonna eat meatball sandwiches for lunch all week.

Meatball Sandwiches
1 bag of Trader Joe's frozen Meatballs
1 can of tomato sauce
1 can of diced tomatoes
garlic (I used a spoonful of pureed garlic from Trader Joe's)
olive oil
basil
oregano
pepper
provolone cheese
whole wheat french rolls

OK.  Heat up a small saucepan, and pour in a little olive oil.  When it heats up put in the garlic and add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.  Stir in basil, oregano and pepper.  Wait for it to bubble and turn into a really good sauce.  Add the meatballs and disappear for half an hour.

Toast the french roll, add the cheese and some meatballs, and eat.  I recommend you be unhealthier than me and eat with potato chips.  :)

No comments: