Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Michael Crichton Dies

Michael Crichton, million-selling science fiction writer, dies at 66

I remember a time in high school, when I was inconsolably lonely, where I tried to read every single novel Crichton wrote. Some I cared more for than others (Sphere and Terminal Man stick out, don't read anything after Airframe), but I enjoyed them all for the most part.

The summer before I moved to LA I read Crichton's Travels. It was his account of climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro that inspires me to go there someday myself.

While I did not always get on board with his writing, I can say that he wrote well and that he possessed a great imagination.

The world has lost a star. I hope his writing has inspired at least a few to write, to direct, to act, and to imagine.

No comments: