Wednesday, November 05, 2008

While We Breathe, We Hope

I did not vote for Barack Obama. I penciled-in Ron Paul's name, knowing that no matter how I voted, Obama would win California's electoral votes. There were other things vastly more important to me that I was voting on last night.

I just finished watching his speech, which was well-written and well-delivered. I am confidant that he will bring people together, and not force them further apart. In that, I am very excited.

He used to teach Constitutional Law. I hope he uses that experience to bring our government more in alignment with that.

Someday, there will be a bullet train between Orange County and the San Francisco Bay Area. Someday, there will be a better Metro system in Los Angeles County. Someday, I hope that marriage will not be something that government or religion feels free to decide on; that people will feel it's not OK to tell someone else how to define their committed relationships.

Obama said last night, "While we breathe, we hope." And that is a beautiful concept.

2 comments:

don said...

I think Obama will be a really good leader, but the bar has been set so low if he didn't do anything it would be an improvement.

Diane Lowe said...

Possibly! We will have to see!

I don't know about some of his "dream team" picks, but it we will have some interesting years to look forward to!