Saturday, May 08, 2010

Garden Update


Here's another garden update!
I've been meaning to do this for a while; I guess it's been around three weeks since my last update. I have lots of lettuce sprouts! You can see the rose has put out some new branches, and the Early Girl is getting tall!

Not only is the Early Girl getting tall, but I spotted this cutie the other day! So hopefully I'll have tomatoes soon.

I've been noticing some weird stuff going on with the tomato foliage, on the Early Girl and both the Better Boys. At first I thought it was fertilizer burn but now I think it might be Early Blight? I've removed the worst offending leaves but what do you think?


The Better Boys.

I'm getting lots of baby strawberries! I'm pretty excited about these guys!

Of the four new offshoots the Peace rose has put out, one of them has a bud that is beginning to emerge.

The Home Depot California Wonder has lots of blossoms and fruit starting to form.

The mini rose that was my birthday present is also doing well, putting out lots of new buds and branches.

My parents sent me some Earth Boxes, but I'm not sure what I should *do* with them. I'm running out of room though. I've thought about putting the Bell Peppers I started from scratch in one, and maybe getting some Artichokes and putting those in another one. I'm a little worried about the Artichokes though because from what I've read they need a lot more space than the Earth Box can provide. Also, the potting mix I have isn't well-suited for self watering containers. Any ideas guys?

No comments: