Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chicken Marsala

My boyfriend made this for me Valentine's Day weekend.  So delicious!  I tried making it a few weeks later but it didn't come out the same.  We decided that I made the chicken part the best and he made the sauce part the best.  So the next time we make it together I guess that's how we'll divide who does what.

I made this tonight with a leftover chicken breast that I sliced up.
Adapted from the Cooking for Engineers recipe.
  • 2 Boneless Chicken Breasts
  • Salt, Pepper, whatever else you like to season your chicken with
  • 1 TB Crushed Garlic
  • 1/4 c. Shallot or Onion, finely chopped
  • 8 oz chopped mushrooms
  • 1 c. sweet Marsala wine
  • 1/2 c. heavy cream
  • Some starch (fettuccine, mashed potatoes) to serve with the chicken marsala.
Season and saute the chicken breasts as you normally would.  Set aside.  In the same pan add the shallots and garlic.  If you need a little more oil you can add it as well.  Saute for a few minutes, then add the mushrooms.  Saute the mushrooms until they're ready.  They'll turn dark brown and shrink.  You'll know.  If you have to ask they're not ready yet.

Add the wine, and reduce until it coats the back of a spoon.  Stir in the cream and add the chicken back.  Coat the chicken with the sauce, then serve over your starch.

No comments: