Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Coffee Creamer

One of the things that I thought was cool over in Taiwan (but is suspiciously absent here) is the fact they sell sweetened condensed milk in tubes! It's similar to what I found on this New Zealand grocery site.

Anyway, the Taiwanese don't eat much dairy (I don't even think most of their bubble tea has dairy in it), and at the grocery store I went to there was a tiny section devoted to packages of single-serving packets of sugar (in paper tubes and in packets) and creamer (also known as "coffee whitener", mostly non-dairy). One of the creamers of choice is sweetened condensed milk.

It definitely makes sense to buy it in a tube, even if you were using it for cooking. A dab in coffee is divine.

I'm hitting up all the Asian groceries I can find to see if I can locate this. It's possibly one of the coolest ideas that I just must add to my pantry. And office.

1 comment:

The Wordpecker said...

I thought I'd check back in (a little late I see by your last few posts). Welcome home! Can hardly wait to see the pics.