Sunday, February 17, 2008

I'm back!

No, I did not fall off the face of the planet. :) I was on vacation!

I'll post stories and photos soon.

I was supposed to have a date last night, but we both were sick with a cold (no, not the same cold!). My cold I picked up on vacation, and I'm pleasantly surprised that I have no stuffy nose or much of a fever. I do however have a nasty sore throat, chest congestion, and body aches.

Because of the date cancellation, I'm forced to using the produce I bought before it goes bad. Therefore, I decided to make a mushroom-asparagus omelet. The veggies should help with the cold (at least that's what I tell myself).

I sauteed the entire 8 oz container of sliced mushrooms (because they were starting to look bad) with butter, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I also microwaved a handful of asparagus stalks, snapped/cut into bite size pieces. I won't use all the mushrooms, and will probably use the leftovers in spaghetti tomorrow (if I'm motivated).

Make the omelet (I used three eggs, a splash of milk, salt and pepper) and after you flip it add the veggies and some cheese on one side and fold the omelet over.

Piece of cake.

2 comments:

don said...

Three eggs is a big omelet! Have you ever made one inside a ziplock bag? Just put everything for the omelet in a ziplock bag and then place it in boiling water. Something to try and no mess.

Diane Lowe said...

Haha yeah 3 eggs makes a huge omelet but I was starving!

I haven't made one inside a ziploc bag before but I've heard of the trick. I'll have to try it one of these days!