Monday, February 09, 2009

No-Knead Bread

I have to admit I'm intrigued with the idea of no-knead bread. It seems like the perfect homemade bread for someone lacking a stay-at-home-better-half.

I'm making the dough tonight so I can have bread with my soup tomorrow night, although my timing isn't going to be exact. Hopefully it won't matter.

There is also a quicker no-knead bread recipe, and a fastest, whole grain version.

I don't have a casserole large enough for the loaf, so it won't be perfect, but it might be passable. I'd love to score a Le Creuset casserole one of these days.

When I was growing up my mom would bake the best bread on Sundays. When I was still trying to be a good Molly Mormon she would have fresh scones (my dad called them "windbellies") ready to slather with butter, honey, and preserves when I returned home from church. I'd love to bake bread on a weekly basis but it's hard enough feeding myself and making sure I have clean clothes and brushed hair most days.

1 comment:

don said...

I can't believe I've never heard the term Molly Mormon before even though know the type, or at least it makes a lot of sense to me. I guess I was a little outside of that bubble.