Thursday, December 03, 2009

Bento Snack

I actually made a whole lunch for Mr. Bento today, but here's just a photo of the snack portion (because it turned out the prettiest). This is the small tupperware container, filled with cheddar cheese, smoked sausage, and crackers. If I had a couple grape tomatoes I would have squeezed them in around the crackers, but other than that everything fit quite snugly. The angle of the photo just makes the container look half empty.

The rest of the lunch was Thanksgiving leftovers; stuffing and green beans in the rice container and turkey slathered with cranberry sauce in the soup container. The large tupperware container had peanut butter cookies and chex mix to snack on, but I haven't really tackled that one yet.

5 comments:

don said...

Nice! I love chex mix. I could live on that.

Diane Lowe said...

Thanks Don! :)

I love chex mix too, especially when it's homemade. The ready-bought stuff tastes way too salty and a little "off" to me.

My mom gave me a bunch of tins of goodies when she came down to visit me last week. . . I don't know how I'm going to eat them all. :(

don said...

I agree, the homemade is the only way to go with it. My aunt used to make it when I was a kid.

I've never made it but from what I understand it's really expensive to make.

Maybe I'll try and make some. I really do love it.

Diane Lowe said...

I think it can be expensive to make, but right now Costco has all three Chex flavors you need for the mix in one box. So that would be pretty cheap to get.

I usually skip the bagel chips and just put in cashews (also cheap at Costco) and pretzels.

don said...

bagel chips.. So that's what they call those.