Friday, December 19, 2008

Hibernate

It's been cold this week. Cold to me, at least.

I wake up in the morning and unconvinced it's really time to get up, press snooze and snuggle under the blankets for a few more moments. It really is more pleasant to close my eyes and stay under down alternative than it is to brave the cold bathroom, put on cold clothes, and go out in the chilly weather.

I stocked up on winter clothes at REI this week. Why I never had winter clothes (outside of a big warm jacket) when I was in college, I'll never know. Maybe I was dumb then, and am smart now.

The winter clothes are for my Christmas trip to my parents', as I know my adapted-to-California self can't hack the Great White North.

Can I go home and sleep now?

1 comment:

don said...

cold clothes,.. When I took my jeans off last night they were frozen solid up to my knees. :)

Just think of how warm it's gonna feel when you return to LA after Christmas!