Sunday, December 07, 2008

Yoga For Runners

I went to a workshop today, at YAS.

YAS stands for Yoga and Spinning, and is the yoga studio that I go to occasionally. It's a bit out of the way for me, in Venice, but I like the atmosphere and the workout is a good one.

The workshop was about Yoga for Runners, and things that runners can do to improve their training techniques. There was a physical therapist who spoke about stretches that are good for common running injuries and a physical therapist from Phase IV, where you can get VO2 tests and running gait tests done. So that was interesting. If I had the money I guess I'd have a couple of those tests done to see where I'm at.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's cool. It's funny just last week I bought "Yoga for Dummies" and I totally intend to teach myself yoga when ever it is that I can actually etch out time for myself :) I wonder if there is a yoga for cyclists.

Diane Lowe said...

Cool!

The studio does spinning as well as yoga, so I'm sure they advocate yoga for cyclists too! :)