Thursday, June 10, 2010

Skinny Jeans

I'm getting "me" back.  Not just getting "me" back, but really hanging on to the "me" I have.  There was the guy from the internet, the guy from my department, the guy from the other department, and the guy from the parking lot.  Within a span of 24 hours I simultaneously lost interest in all of them (the guy from my department is, let's say, one of those people who you wish would permanently bother someone else), mostly because I felt too exhausted to get involved with or deal with any of them.  Even though I have a lot of free time now to sit, navel gaze, and watch Netflix and YouTube all evening, I prefer it to whatever torture the dating world has dreamed up for me.  I would rather have all of "me" than share myself with any fellow who is unwilling to share his half.  And for me right now, I don't even think half would be nearly enough for me.
This morning, when I was dressing myself for the day, I pulled a pair of my fabled skinny jeans from the closet.  The ones I saved for when I lost enough weight that I'd have my "beach body" back from last year.  The ones that made me feel the sexiest and empowered.  Miraculously enough, they fit!  Not fit perfectly, but comfortably enough I could wear them and not look like an overstuffed bratwurst sausage.
I wonder what else will fit when I have more of myself to keep.

4 comments:

Jules said...

Oh Baby Girl... you'd be surprised at all the things that will suddenly "fit" when you make yourself the priority!! Self discovery is so important. Be true to you, satisfy yourself, and then the rest will just fall in place when the timing's right, because subconsciously you'll be putting a healthier more attractive *you* out there for the world to catch glimpse of. In the meantime, have fun looking so hot in your skinny jeans! ;O)

Diane Lowe said...

Thanks Jules! :)

I'm working on all that stuff. But at the same time, I'd much rather take a nap than go out.

So I think I'll be spending a lot of time crashing out on the bed in my skinny jeans. :P

Yesterday a coworker and I went out for coffee. Right before we went into Coffee Bean, he turns to me, looks behind me, and says, "You have no idea how many people are checking you out." He meant it as a compliment, but I've always been oblivious to that stuff.

I mean, even if I wasn't oblivious, what am I going to do? Run the guys down and say, "Yeah? Like what you see? Why don't you ask me out dude? No? OK then, stop staring!" No, no, no. That would be the action of a crazy lady.

Jules said...

I've SO been that crazy lady.. inside my head, too. Sometimes I have to fight the impluse to walk up to some hot guy and just out of curiosity ask him if my ass looks alright or not. I can be forward that way. But I tend to be a good girl and keep those thoughts to my self, or redirect them where I am actually allowed to say them!! LOL

Diane Lowe said...

LOL You're so sassy Jules!