Friday, October 20, 2006

Best Of All - It's Pink!

When I moved, my mom mentioned she didn't have a vacuum at the house in Idaho. What's that? Sure! I don't need a vacuum! Take mine!

So I was stuck without a vacuum, which I suppose is all right until the floor starts to feel yucky.

I went to Target yesterday to buy a new vacuum. I just wanted to get something that wasn't going to be too expensive that would last me a couple years.

But Target sells Dysons.

Of course, I have seen the commercials with the British guy. "The only vacuum cleaner that doesn't lose suction." I even had a pamphlet that told me all about it.

But they're pricey. You have to really want a vacuum.

I was standing at the back of the store, trying to decide if I should really spring that much money for a vacuum, when I saw it. A pink one. $40 goes to breast cancer research. I thought, "well, why not? $40 going to a good cause, I can justify spending that much for a vacuum cleaner." Talk about great marketing. A girl will buy almost anything if it's pink.

When I got to the checkout stand it was about $80 less than what I thought it was going to be. Yay!

Putting it together was a bit of a challenge, and I haven't used it yet (I know!), but I have high hopes.

Now you know what I'll be doing in my apartment tonight.

2 comments:

don said...

My boss just gave me a Royal vac before he left for the winter. It is just like the ones we used to use when I worked at a motel, except it has a bright blue bag and hose. It's like a Kirby. All metal. A very rad vac. I'm happy to get it.

Diane Lowe said...

That sounds kind of retro!

I wouldn't mind having an all metal vaccuum - they probably last longer.