Monday, October 09, 2006

Migrating

I recently migrated to Blogger beta, which has all sorts of interesting stuff like labels. Actually, labels were the only thing that really jumped out at me; I'm sure Blogger has all sorts of other functionality in beta besides the labels.

Anyway, I was adding labels to all of my older posts, and I noticed that a lot of my posts from late last year, and even some from early this year, showed a very unhappy person. Wow. I apologize.

When I started blogging the last thing I wanted to do was turn this into another one of those "woe is me" blogs.

I think now, today, I'm very happy. I've moved 1000 miles from where I started blogging (maybe we never can escape ourselves, though), and I've started the next great new chapter in my life. I've cleaned up emotionally, and hopefully I'll be able to write and contribute new and interesting things to this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do seem to be much happier now. It appears that CA suits you very well. :-)
JL

don said...

How can we know happiness if we haven't been unhappy at some point? One of my professors once asked me in a critique of my work; "What do you want to be in 10 years?" And I responded that I wanted to be happy. I think it is ok to be unhappy and you don't need to apologize for that, because I don't see how you can know one without having known the other.