Monday, July 23, 2007

How We've Come To Love the Airbrush

Photoshop of Horrors

All women want to be beautiful. I think a majority of those women also want to (if they haven't already) accept themselves and accept the way they look.

I think women are primed to want to be in that top tier of beauty. It's a natural desire.

When we skew the beauty scale even the most gorgeous don't want to accept the way they look. That is truly sad.

You can go to Communist China and take a very average looking girl, maybe a 3 or 4 on the scale (with 10 being most lovely), and a year or 18 months later she's a 9 or 10. What's more sad is women actually want to go under the knife because in China, if you're female, the more attractive and tall you are, the easier it is to get the jobs you want.

Is it the same for us on the other side of the pond? Probably.

I don't think I'll ever go under the knife. I don't think I'd ever like to get my boobs lifted or my tummy tucked. I don't think I'd want to get my face lifted, either. If I'm not happy with who I am now, why would I ever be happy if I looked different? The person underneath is still the same.

2 comments:

don said...

You don't need anything done!

Diane Lowe said...

Thanks Don!