Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Harry Potter Spoilers

The Twisted Economics of Harry Potter

Please don't take my comments the wrong way; I think Ms. Rowling has created an fascinating world and a great story. My main complaint with her is that she's unnecessarily verbose.

I predict that soon after the last Harry Potter movie is released that poor Harry and company will be dropped for the next new and enchanting book or film. Look at the Lord of the Rings trilogy: soon after the Return of the King Extended Edition was released to DVD people (meaning the general public) stopped talking about it.

But there are those that think, "Gee, this Harry Potter mania is going to last forever."

No, it's not. Nothing is permanent in this world but change. I highly doubt that Harry Potter will become a classic (we'll see in 50 years) as much as a novelty. As far as children's literature is concerned, there are better tomes out there.

Let the flaming begin.

No comments: