Thursday, April 10, 2008

More Eldorado Compound News

Facts about the Polygamous Sect FLDS
Authorities Find Bed in Compound Temple
Officials Say Bed in Polygamous Compound Used for Child Sex
State Organizing Resources To Aid Children, Women Who Left Eldorado Compound

I remember seeing polygamists at Wal-Mart when I visit my parents . . . sometimes my dad would go up to them and say something nasty about abusing the welfare system (although I've never personally seen him do this). They would always give me dirty looks. The women and young girls would wander around together with a shopping cart, and the men and boys would roam around together in the automotive or sporting goods section. They would all drive off in brand new Suburbans and pick up trucks.

There is so much going on there that is wrong, and I hope Texas has the resources to straighten it out, at least in their state. I hope the women and children get the counseling they so desperately need, and I hope their transition to a better life isn't too painful for them.

I hope this is a wake-up call for Utah and Arizona, but I don't think anything is going to happen with Hildale/Colorado City anytime soon.

No comments: