Saturday, April 05, 2008

Seal Beach 5K Results

I ran the Seal Beach 5K this morning. It was really nice. Mostly cloudy, but it warmed up a bit after the race started.

I definitely was not in any shape to be running this morning. Last night someone very dear to me was celebrating his birthday at a restaurant/club. I'll have to do a restaurant review on the place; it's really cool and definitely affordable for being in downtown LA.

Anyway, I was out dancing all last night and didn't get home until around 1:00 AM this morning. I didn't sleep much and was out of bed by 6:30 AM to get to Seal Beach in time for the run. So I was doing pretty much everything you weren't supposed to do the night before a race.

I guess that's OK. My time wasn't good, 39:14, somewhere between 30 and 90 seconds slower than last year (I can't remember the time exactly and I'm too lazy to go check). But given the handicap, I think I'm doing about as good as I was last year, if not better.

I actually think I'm doing better because I hadn't been running for 30 minutes on the treadmill last year when I did the run. It's a poor gauge, but it's the only one I have right now.

I think I'm going to sign up for another 5K next month, and maybe a 10K this summer. But today my legs are making me pay for being so mean to them . . .

No comments: