Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Conan, Are You Trying To Tell Me Something?

This is way more than I usually expose about my personal life on here, but let's say things are coming to a head and Diane 2.0 has had enough. (Diane 2.0 is what I've been calling the revamped "me" I've been working on since my breakup)

I usually watch The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien online while I eat dinner a few days after they air. Usually, I don't pay attention to the musical guests and just let the episode play out while I do something more interesting.

The musical guest for the episode I watched last night was Demi Lovato's "Here We Go Again", and Kate Voegele's "99 Times" for the episode I watched tonight.

I know it's just a coincidence, but I feel Conan is trying to tell me something very particular about a certain person in my life, who I can't seem to get rid of. No, not my ex-boyfriend. He's long gone, and good riddance. But someone else who I thought I was over with and now I'm in a recursive loop saying to myself, "expecting something different to happen, given the exact same input over a multitude of iterations, is insanity". I hope this makes sense and can help someone else out there.

Let's say, my ex-boyfriend dumped me, and this guy wants to get me back in the loop of saying "Here We Go Again", and each time we have an interaction I think to myself "99 Times".

Hey. At least Diane 1.0 would have texted or called him by now, just to figure out WTF is his problem and to be disappointed with the answer. I haven't done either, and I won't. I already know his answer.

I need to get to the point where I can apply P!nk's U + Ur Hand with this fellow, and I'll really be done.

Yes, my friend. I think saying "Don't talk to me anymore" is a great line. I might even have the guts to use it tomorrow when the lout comes back for another round.

No comments: