Thursday, September 17, 2009

Restaurant Review - Peter's Place

Yet another case of moving to more convenient pastures, only to find a really great place to eat not far from where I lived. . . . .

Peter's Place is located in a tiny strip mall of Asianish stores. . .it's in the strip mall just North of Sue's Kitchen, which has fantastic Taiwanese beef noodles. But I digress.

To date, Peter's Place is the only restaurant I've found in South Bay that serves Chinese breakfast. I think the next nearest place to get Chinese breakfast is at least an hour out of South Bay, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong. My favorite breakfast of all time is a bowl of warm soy milk accompanied by shaobing and you tiao. They have both the salty and the sweet soy milk, and while I like them both, I prefer the sweet soy milk. I can't tell if they make it from scratch or if it's just soy milk out of a jug and heated up. There's a place in Rowland Heights that makes their own soy milk and it's absolutely divine. And fan tuan; I only had the savory kind but I think they have the sweet kind too. The shaobing was particularly delicious.

They also have a bunch of other dishes like dumplings and noodles and fried rice, but I don't intend on coming here for anything but Chinese breakfast on lazy Sunday mornings. I'll probably be a greedy pig too and get extras for breakfast during the week.

The family who runs the restaurant is really friendly, and the menu is in both Chinese and English (which means it's got to be good!). The waitress was particularly forgiving with my butchering of the language. At least I'll have the opportunity to practice my Mandarin more.

Peter's Place
23816 Crenshaw Blvd
Torrance, CA 90505
310-539-6058

No comments: