Monday, September 14, 2009

Three Year Anniversary - Let's Punch It!

Three years ago, I moved to L.A. to start my career and grow new roots.

Tomorrow, my pension with my employer vests, which means that when I retire I will have supplementary income to help with the bills. Wow. I'm a company girl all of a sudden. When did that happen?

My three-year anniversary of moving to L.A. was actually last Thursday (the 10th), but when I think of my life really starting in the City of the Angels I think of the day I started my career.

My life has become something I could not have dreamed it would be. With each passing year, I've grasped new opportunities and had adventures I could not have imagined having when I was in college. With each passing year, my quality of life has improved and my general happiness has increased.

My career is finally feeling like it's going to take off. I'm making it in one of the best schools for graduate study. I'm generally healthy and I'm grateful to have good friends and loving parents. I'm truly grateful for what I have, because in many ways it seems to me I've been blessed more than the average person. A few years ago I don't think I would say my cup was more than half full. Now it overflows.

I like the idea of double fisting Life. We only have so much of it, and I want to get as much experience, as much knowledge, as much adventure as I can possible handle. Time is a resource I must not squander. I barely even have the time to contemplate its passing.

In the new Star Trek movie, Captain Pike commands Ensign Sulu to "punch it" when pulling the Enterprise out of space dock. That is totally how I feel about my life right now. Let's go!

2 comments:

don said...

I wish I had the same attitude.

Diane Lowe said...

Aw! It's all in the mind-set. If you tell yourself you are having an exciting life, then you will. :)