Thursday, February 02, 2006

A Reminder. . .

of how long your day can be as a senior in college.

I've been on my feet since 0700 this morning (Thursday morning!), and finally got home around 2045 (8:45 PM) tonight. I took a shower, and thought I would do my Microprocessors Quiz and turn it in so I wouldn't have to worry about it tomorrow. (Important note: the microprocessor I'm using in the class connects with my computer via a USB-Serial cable)

At 2200 (10:00 PM), I was having major issues with the USB-Serial cable interface with my computer. I would plug the cable into the computer, and the computer would promptly restart. After wanting to tear my hair out after about five minutes, and then wanting to shoot my computer after about ten, I was at an impasse. I called my buddy Joe (who also is the TA for the course) and asked him for help. (Aren't friends great? Let's also not forget the help I got from my buddies Ben and Dan)

After another half hour, Joe and I got the whole problem figured out, and my quiz (which was a mini program for the microprocessor) worked perfectly.

No comments: