Tuesday, April 04, 2006

It's the Simple Things in Life

I was wandering in the Student Union Building yesterday (avoiding lab, but that's neither here nor there), and there was a huge box of free sample packages of stuff that marketers were pushing onto students. While I would love a trip to Barcelona or a 30-day trip through Western Europe (neither of which I can afford at this point), and while I definitely don't need another credit card, there was a gem in the package.

Enclosed in the plastic-wrapped advertisements was a trial-sized can of Skintimate Raspberry Rain shave gel. If you are a woman, you know how expensive this tiny necessity happens to be. Why they can't have generic brand 99-cent shaving cream for women is beyond me.

Anyway, I took three packages, promptly threw away everything except the shave gel (I did keep one flyer on the trip to Barcelona) and snuck home.

And as for last night's zombie-eyed rant. . . .I don't feel much better. There isn't enough caffeine in the world for that. I have discovered that I can set my alarm for 7:20 AM and still make it to my 8:00 AM class on time. Lately I've been pushing the envelope on how late I can get up for that particular class. I wonder if I could push it to 7:30 AM.

No comments: