Wednesday, October 26, 2005

All Sorts of Things Have Been Afoot

I realized that my blogging has mostly been covering the insanity that is my love life, and decided to discuss more uplifting things (and the insanity as well).

I've been battling a mystery plague which I've discovered is just a cold today. So, I stocked up on Cold-Eeze (Yes, it really does work!), Robitussin and Tylenol today. (They say they make a Robitussin for everything, but it's not true! My symptoms are either not completely covered, or I have to take something that includes stuff for symptoms I don't have!) Because of the yuckiness, I think I'm going to skip the Irish Times' Pimp 'n' Ho party Friday night and just go to the Knights of Columbus Halloween Party Saturday night.

My friend Dan thinks my purple toe separators (for pedicures) are cute. (He's straight, too, ladies! Too bad he has a girlfriend already!)

I made pumpkin muffins for RCIA tonight. I made some alterations to the recipe. I used a can of Libby's pumpkin puree instead of pureeing a pumpkin myself, and changed the spice amounts. I used:

  • 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon of allspice
  • 1/3 teaspoon of cloves
I cheated a bit when I mixed everything together. I wanted to only dirty one bowl (because I'm lazy), so I mixed the pumpkin mixture first, then added, in this order, the sugar, the salt and spices, the baking soda and powder, and the flour, one cup at a time. The recipe lies: you can actually make 24 normal sized muffins with this recipe, so while the first batch (my oven can only hold one muffin tin at a time) was baking, I added a couple handfuls of semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter. I couldn't find miniature chocolate chips, but with Ghirardelli chocolate, who cares?

My new Dr. Marten Mary Janes came in yesterday (that I've been waiting two months for!), so I think I'm going to dress up as a Catholic school girl (green minikilt, white shirt, black skinny tie, white socks and Mary Janes. Haven't decided on fishnets or not. Since it's always cold in Butte for Halloween, I'm going to wear my Harrington jacket with a Fred Perry "badge" pin as well. Details, people. Details.) for Halloween even though I have several other characters I could go as.

I have a high probability of running into my ex-fiance this weekend, as I heard a rumor he'll be in town for the EIT exam. Knowing him, he'll probably want to go boozing after the test on Saturday, and hopefully will stay at the Vu and not venture near the KC. (As he's staunchly anti-Catholic, but maybe he's too slow to figure out the connection to the KC) Not that running into him would be a big deal, since we've been apart longer now than we were together, but I just have the feeling he'll want to start arguing over the dead relationship again. Or at least say some not-nice things to me. I'm not very good at dreaming up not-nice things to say on-the-fly (which is probably a good thing), but I do have some juicy things I could say that would be embarassing for him. Like the fact I overheard he lives in either San Francisco or Sacramento now (and, being a complete homophobe, must just rile him), and that I heard he was so proud about his internship at Micron (in his own words, keeping hot and cold water lines separated and how that's, like, the most important thing in the world to do).

No comments: