Friday, October 28, 2005

The Most Productive Thing I Did Today

I finished my rosary today. I think I would have had it done yesterday, but I took the St. Michael (my patron saint who I chose at my Confirmation) medal down to have it engraved with my given names, the date I entered the Catholic faith and the motto "Semper Fidelis". I know I'm not affiliated with the Marine Corps any longer, but it is a good motto and has religious value.
I used Swarovski Austrian crystals; clear/crystal ones for the Hail Mary beads (for my birthstone) and green/emerald ones for the Our Father beads (my favourite colour).
The center is a Miraculous Mary medal and the crucifix is a Pardon Crucifix. On the back it reads: "Behold this heart which has so loved men - Father forgive them".
I was chatting with an old high school friend today about it (she is not Catholic) and she asked me about St. Michael. So, here is a website you can learn about the most kick-ass archangel out there. Don't be messing with the angel that puts the devil in his place!

No comments: