Monday, October 17, 2005

Random Thoughts. And Get Yourself Some Confession.

Well, for the most part, my weekend was thoroughly unproductive. Friday, I went to confession, which was, and always has been for me, completely liberating. I don't know exactly how to describe the sensation of confessing your sins and receiving absolution for them. All I know is that it works. Get yourself some.

Saturday I slept, pretty much all day. Same with Sunday, except for that little bit when I went to Mass. I think I did laundry Sunday as well.

Mom's going to be home today. Her plane comes into Las Vegas at 2030 tonight.

I got some help with my homework for Process Instrumentation & Control today. So that will be finished for tomorrow.

My paper due tomorrow (my fantasy vacation, apparently, is a pilgrimage to Rome) won't be too difficult to grind out.

Dinner with the Handley family Wednesday night will be lovely.

And because Katy got tagged, I thought it would be interesting to post this (since I have little else to babble about), here goes:

Ten Years Ago: I was 12, attending Red Rock 6th Grade Center (was it called Red Rock? I don't know; all I remember is they tore it down the year after)

Five Years Ago: I was 17, attending my senior year at Cedar City High School. I knew already that I was going to be attending Montana Tech and had major senioritis (but ironically, didn't start skipping class until college).

One Year Ago: I had just gotten dumped by the Lieutenant I dated from Malmstrom in one of the worst ways possible. Huh. I had also just started RCIA as well.

Five Snacks: Spinach & Artichoke Dip, Homemade Chex Mix, Grasshopper cookies, those Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese wedges, and Haagen Daaz Ice Cream (any flavor, preferably strawberry or peaches 'n cream)

Five Songs I Know All The Words To: Finnegan's Wake, the Gloria at Mass (God I'm a nerd), Amazing Grace (only two verses), I'm Goin' Up a Yonder, Adeste Fidelis (first verse only)

Five Things I Would Do With $100 Million: Pay off all my debts (and my parents' debts too), Build a nice house, Get a dog, Buy some nice duds and invest the rest.

Five Things I Would Never Wear: Those jeans with the bleaching in "that" place. Those poncho things that are so popular. A burlap sack. "Body" jewelry (those funky temporary tattoo things that are like little rhinestones?). Any clothes bought at Wal-Mart.

Five Favorite TV Shows: Law & Order: SVU. Conan O'Brian. Perry Mason. Emeril Live. Becker.

Five Biggest Joys: Going to Confession. Going to Mass. Giving/Receiving Hugs. Sleeping. Eating Great Food.

Five Favorite Toys: Computer. Cell Phone. iPod. That rubber ball from Hess Corp. that lights up when you throw it. Resident Evil 4.

No comments: