Thursday, October 20, 2005

Typing Bytes

Made it down to the Clinique counter at Herberger's today to check out their new line of "Black Honey" products. For the uninitiated, "black honey" is the color of a particular lipcolor that is absolutely divine. If you don't believe me, check out Liv Tyler's lips in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy. One of the frivolous items I dumped some money on is the nail polish set in "black honey"; one is a plain, matte color and the other has coppery sparkles in it. Quite possibly, it's the perfect Halloween nail color.

I also went to Garden of Beadin' to get some sterling silver wire to make "bows" for my new rosary. Bows are these wire fasteners that are supposed to be much stronger than using jump rings to attach the center and the crucifix. And since I'm about fed up with jump rings (not that they fall apart on me but it's hell trying to get them to close and look nice), I decided to give the wire bows a shot. I ended up buying the fixings to make some pale blue/green chandelier earrings (except for the earwires; I'll need to get those later) as well. As if I didn't have better things to do.

My mom is doing good; the day after she got back from Taiwan, Dad took her up to Idaho because he had a V.A. appointment. Of course they don't bother to tell me and so I was up half the night worrying about them.

Didn't go to dance tonight (there's a free social dance class at the Scandia Thursday nights) because my knees are bugging me for some reason. So the cardio has been limited to w-a-l-k-i-n-g on the treadmill and the stationary bike.

RCIA will be a lot of fun this go around. I think I'm going to try and make Pumpkin Muffins for next week.

The dinner at the Handleys' went well. Mrs. Handley sure can cook.

No comments: