Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Rest of the Story

For some reason today I've been dealing with a lot of stress.

In the background I've been dealing with the untimely death of my dog. While not technically a person, she was a good companion and a highlight of my visits to my parents.

This morning I realize that my interview with Micron was supposed to be in Bozeman tomorrow morning, instead of in Butte whenever. So I made some phone calls and got that taken care of.

You're going to need some backstory for this one. Friday evening, right before my date-that-didn't-happen, Janice and I get a knock on the door. It's the woman who lives below us, and her friend (who I've never met). Apparently, this woman's friend accidentally locked them out of their apartment, and they needed a ride downtown to where the woman's husband was having an interview to get the husband's key to get back in. Janice was just getting ready to leave for her date-that-didn't-happen (for entirely different reasons), and she said that she could take one of them down in the mini-pickup she drives. The women decided they wanted to stay together, and so I offered that Janice drive my Jeep. Janice said she was afraid to drive my Jeep. The friend wanted to know if the women could borrow my Jeep, which I didn't want to, because let's face it, I don't let just anybody I know drive my Jeep. And I, obviously, couldn't leave the apartment because I still thought I had a date. The girls make a phone call from our place and then wait for someone else to take them downtown.

This morning I see my downstairs neighbor before my first class, and ask him if his wife got back into their apartment OK. He gets all fussy and says, "Yeah, no thanks to you!" and storms off. So apparently, they have no other neighbors, AND they expect Janice and myself to drop everything we're doing to cater to them whenever they have a mini-emergency. If I didn't have plans, I would have been more than happy to take the women downtown. And it's not like Janice and I didn't try to help them out.

As I told my mentor-professor, I need to find a lesbian dance club in Butte (like one exists!) to hang out at, just so I can keep myself out of trouble with the men. I think it's starting to get to the point where mein prof will expect me to say just about any quirky thing, which means I'm getting predictable. Must push the boundaries of normalcy further out!!!!!!

1 comment:

Katy said...

Your neighbor sucks. And have you read "He's just not that into you?" I know it's cheesy and cliche but that book changed my life.