Wednesday, August 30, 2006

News Like This Makes Me Really Happy

Now, hopefully they will convict him and put him away in general population for a long, long time. This guy is really, really sick and twisted in the worst way possible.

Warren Steed Jeffs: Carotid Artery Pulsating During Arrest
Woman Who Escaped Jeffs' Church Reacts To Arrest
Warren Jeffs Las Vegas Ties

Yeah. Life in the general population of a maximum security prison sounds good, doesn't it?

I know this news is a day late, but I had already used up my internet time when I found out about this at the gym. Nothing like some great news to get the blood flowing and the heart pumping.

5 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

Not a problem. Most of the time when news like this hits I google Google News for whatever I'm looking for.

Also, Mormon News categorizes links to mormon-related news stories, and you can narrow your search to whatever state and/or type of news you're looking for. It's a great way to find stuff that not LDS party line.

don said...

Jeffs bears a striking resemblance to my aunt. I'm actually not directly related to her,. she married my uncle who was my dad's brother.

Diane Lowe said...

Don, that's very weird!

Hopefully she's not the prophet of a fundamentalist cult, right?

don said...

No I'm sure she isn't/ wasn't. :) (she died a few years ago.) But I'm not kidding she had the same features. When I first saw a photo of Jeffs, it struck me. I asked my mom at that time, but she didn't remember her maiden mame.

She did remain a regular mormon after she ran away as I said. And much later in life she got my uncle to join. She married him after her first husband died. I'm pretty sure she was sealed to the first guy. But I'm guessing. Not sure what role my uncle was expected to play in the afterlife? I would be curious to know.

She was a sweet old lady. I'm sure that she ever questioned the regular mormon beliefs. She had a nice place on the lake not far from ours. My uncle also had a nice place but sold it when he married her.

Anonymous said...

The sad thing is he will still control those people from prision. They will cling even harder to him now that he is being "persicuted" (sp?)