Wednesday, September 06, 2006

This Proves What a Nerd I Am

Yesterday I was at Costco and got myself a membership (except my name is misspelled on my membership card - not my fault) and discovered they were selling seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation at a discounted price. Plus, if you bought two there was a discount of $18, which basically means you buy one, you get the second half off. Except when I went through the checkout line and I didn't get my discount. First one, then two, then three shift supervisors are looking at the discount label trying to decide if I'm eligible for the discount.

Here is how it was worded (paraphrasing when necessary, but the main details are there!):
Buy a season of Star Trek: The Next Generation OR a season of Star Trek:
Deep Space Nine seasons 1-3 AND a season of Star Trek: The Next Generation OR a
season of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine seasons 4-7 and get $18 off!

Maybe they don't teach Costco shift supervisors about and/or gates in supervisor training. But I about went postal waiting for them to figure it out.

To say something positive about my shopping experience there, one Costco employee was more than helpful in trying to help me find my vitamins, except for the fact they didn't have them in stock.

1 comment:

don said...

Happy anniversary/ birthday Star Trek! 40 today.