Sunday, December 09, 2007

Bricked iPod, Update

I finally got around to cracking my iPod case open. It took a penknife and a guitar pick. If you try this at home, know that there's a little trick to it and you really have to dig at the case to get it to pop open the first time. There are videos floating around on youTube if you want a little guidance.

I tried the business card trick, and lo! It works!

Turns out my computer *will* run the latest version of iTunes, albeit slowly. My computer recognizes the iPod, updated the software, and now the resurrected iPod charges happily.

The real test comes tomorrow afternoon - will it survive another run?

This little experiment gives me all sorts of fresh ideas. Namely, replacing the iPod battery. We'll see if the iPod works first.

No comments: