Sunday, December 09, 2007

Movie Review - Black Book

I rented Black Book the other night. I'd read that Lust, Caution was a drawn-out, boring version of "Black Book", only in Chinese instead of Dutch and German.

"Black Book" is filled with interesting action from beginning to end, although the plot twists are predictable. I also found the characters lacking depth (overall) and slightly unbelievable, which I think is disappointing considering how obvious it is that everyone involved cares about the movie.

I found Carice van Houten's character especially naive, considering she was supposed to be a Jewish ex-cabaret singer near the end of WWII. She's very sexy in the film, and has multiple love interests.

This was a good, mindless rental. I'm kind of glad I didn't catch it in the theaters.

No comments: