Friday, July 25, 2008

Where The Hell Are We?

Where The Hell Is Matt? (2008)

I recently found this video. . . not quite sure how. I think I was browsing YouTube or something and stumbled across it.

Anyway, I watched it, and went to the guy's website. He seems like a good sort.

In his FAQ he mentioned how he's just dancing in his video, he's not pushing any agenda or "message".

I remember hearing or learning somewhere that art is something where we take what we want from art, we insert our beliefs and our motivations into a piece of art and extract something we want to see. Maybe (if we're lucky), we can learn something about ourselves and about humanity by viewing art.

I definitely love the piece of music they use as the soundtrack for this video.

So what does this video mean to me? I think it means that people are more alike than unalike, and that things like love and generosity is what is going to bring the world together in harmony and peace. It's about how extraordinary our world is and how beautiful it is.

It's about how Americans need to get off our lazy butts and go see the world before we blow it up (literally or figuratively).

I must be ready for my next vacation.

No comments: