Thursday, May 18, 2006

I'm Not Alone!

I stopped by Jesse's house today to say hello. He's still in town as well, and turns out he's as despondent and bored as I am. (And it's only the first week of our emancipation from school!) So I'm glad that I'm not the only one having a hard time finding a C.S. job. He looks like he's doing good other than that, wants me to stop by "anytime", and definitely before I leave town (or the country, depending). Jesse also told me about a girl he knows who works summers in the Idaho forests on trail crew, then collects unemployment the rest of the year and travels all over the world. Talk about having it made!

The Taiwanese high school that I'm looking into is a rich-kid's high school, and a lot of expats' kids go there too. I haven't heard back from the contact lady. . . maybe by next week.

The only thing I'm doing that's keeping my mind alert is my half-hour Chinese lessons. Pimsleur rocks. I'm also reading John Berendt's "The City of Falling Angels", which I'm getting into. Makes me want to revisit Venice.

No comments: