Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Blurbs

My uncle was just diagnosed with cancer. Much sadness.

I drove up to Boise yesterday to see my old college pal, Dan. We ate at Burger King and then went shopping. We also contemplated the naughty connotations of stores such as "Wet Seal" and "ExpressMen". (Don't blame us; we went to an engineering school. We've been corrupted to have our minds in the gutter.)

I bought the 5th season of Star Trek: The Next Generation (two more to go! I told you I was a nerd!), a new suit for interviews in the summer (because grey tweed just doesn't cut it when it's 80+ degrees out) and a couple books at Barnes & Noble. The suit fits great (which is a first), although all the pockets on the jacket are fake. I loathe fake pockets. It's such a tease. "It's a pocket! It's a pocket! NO! It's a FAKE pocket!"

My mom calls me daily to check on me, because she worries about me living in their house all by myself. Which makes me wonder why she didn't worry as much when I was living in Butte, living near all sorts of weirdos.

It's starting to get really hot here during the day. Ick. But when it cools down the evenings are nice; I can take long walks and no one bothers me. I still haven't been out to see Shoshone Falls yet. That's on the list of things to do (like get the rest of F's quilt cut, unpack, etc.).

No comments: