Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Powerless

Yesterday the power was out at the house for thirteen hours. Thirteen! I was minding my own business watching the "Ensign Ro" episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation and all of a sudden, the power goes out. I read a few chapters of one of my new books, went to my cousin's softball game (lost by a point), got something to take home and eat, and went home. And the power was still out. Yuck. Eating in the dark by yourself is not fun.
So I took my contacts out and went to bed around midnight. I fell asleep quickly, which is unusual for me. Not being able to do anything without my Itty Bity Book Light kills the interest to do anything. Sometime in the middle of the night (5:30 AM to be precise - and it was starting to get light too), the hallway lights woke me up. I turned them off, set the air conditioner to 68 degrees (it climbed to 82 during the night - much too warm to sleep with covers), and went back to bed.
And I thought I could be productive at the house yesterday. Well, sort of. I did get through about four chapters in my book (around 100 pages).

No comments: