Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Dinking Around in Twin Falls

My parents left this morning to go back to Utah. I'm still in shock over my abrupt move, but I guess that's OK because it gives me the chance to "figure out" Twin Falls. My parents' new house is huge! Not to mention very nice and not in town. Not only do I get to figure out how to get around Twin Falls, I also get to figure out how to remember how to get back home. But the house has A/C and it's relatively quiet. The road outside looks ripe for running.
Twin isn't all that much bigger than Butte, but there's lots more shopping and food variety here. At Fred Meyers, they have all sorts of organic foods, as well as a wide variety of "protein substitutes" for vegetarians. Not that I'm a vegetarian, but if they offer more variety for a vegetarian than Butte does, what must be in store for the average omnivore? (They even sell "freshly made" sushi rolls in the deli at Fred Meyers. Wow.) Maybe I'm just excited to enter some realm of civilization I've yet to experience. Yeah, that's it.
There's a Barnes & Noble here, as well as several quilting shops. Not to mention a nice-looking Catholic church (St. Edwards; I'm not sure if there are any more in town).

Ahh, "But is there a Victoria's Secret?" you may ask. The answer: Yes. In the mall. (where else would it be?)

The only weird thing I've found in Twin so far is that they allow people to parachute off the bridge here, and the city claims no responsibility to those who squish on the bottom of the canyon. So I guess if you're prone to suicide, you have that option open to you.

No comments: