Friday, June 09, 2006

Library Time Restrictions

As I'm only allotted one hour on the internet at the library, I try to make the most of my time, which usually means I'm reading and writing e-mails. (For some reason I get more e-mail now than I did when I had access to the internet, or maybe because I was always online I didn't have to deal with it all at once)
Things are going well. I had to cancel my trip to Taiwan, but I think that will be OK.
Not much else is going on. I'm concurrently reading "Under the Tuscan Sun", and "The Sex Lives of Cannibals", both travel memoirs. I recommend "The Sex Lives of Cannibals", but only if you're looking for something funny and are well-read - the author has an extensive vocabulary.
It's been very stormy the past few days, and that's OK. I like a lot of rain.
My parents got their new washer and dryer delivered yesterday, and that was a lot of fun. OK, I'm easily amused. It's a front-loading washer, and if you've never seen a home-edition of one, they're fun to watch. We'll see if they clean as well. They're also supposed to be energy and water efficient, which is super good. The clothes come out of the washer only mildly damp, as if you lightly sprayed water on them. (As opposed to dripping wet at the laundromat)
I haven't gone completely bored out of my mind yet, but I sense the impending boredom if nothing happens.
I should have internet sometime next week; hopefully I'll be able to write much more interesting blogs then.

No comments: