Thursday, July 27, 2006

Lavender Farm!

Today I took a trip out to Valley View Lavender Farm in Buhl, Idaho. One of these days I'll get some decent internet access and I'll be able to post photos.

Anyway, I kind of got lost on my way there, and then Google Driving Directions (on my phone! I love technology!) got me more lost, so I ended up asking for directions at a gas station/restaurant.

The people who run the farm had a couple cute boxer terriers hanging out in their gift store, and I ended up buying some of that lotion bar stuff (they called it something else, but essentially it's lotion in solid form. It's great!) and some loose lavender buds because I know Mom will want to make sachets. I also ended up getting a lavender plant. I don't have a green thumb, so I have no idea why I bought one, but I digress.

Lavender is a funny scent for me. Most of the time it gives me a headache (I think it's because I'm smelling cheap purfumey imitations of the scent rather than real lavender), but I must agree with the traditional belief that the scent of lavender is soothing.

Mmmm. Makes me want to take a nap.

On my way back, I stopped at Smith's Diary shop and picked up some cheese curds. They had a wide ice cream selection as well, but I wasn't in the mood to drive and balance an ice cream cone. I can multitask, but there are just some things I'd rather not do.

1 comment:

don said...

This is off point, I hope you don't mind. I've been thinking about this buisness suit thing for women in the work place.

It is hard to explain my job but I am in manufacturing and one of the managers at a small company. I often go to electronics companies for conferences and this sort of thing.

I hate seeing these women in these silly buisness suites. I hope that doesn't sound sexist. I think even over-weight/ larger women, would be fine in a nice dress or skirt. They look horrible in these outfits. I've seen some horrible examples of women in buisness suites. I don't know what to say about it. It does leave me at a total loss to advise you.

When I was in art school I did a series of prints that I called, Men In Suits. It was about the limitations that men had when dressing up. I didn't realize that women had such a challenge.

You are a beautiful woman. I know it must be tough on these interviews to decide what to wear. All I can tell you is that I hate seing women in these silly outfits. I would remember a woman in a nice dress. But don't base what you do on these comments. I don't want to cost you a job.