Monday, July 10, 2006

Massacre Rocks

So my family reunion was last weekend. That was interesting.

It was at Massacre Rocks this year, and it was very hot. (for me, anyway) Saturday we took a walk to the Oregon Trail ruts, which was a nice rock but you didn't see anything too exciting when you got there. We also went to a "program" put on by Ranger Dan, who was in buckskins for the evening.

I saw a couple lizards and rabbits, and spied one deermouse in our camp. That wasn't cool. The last time I saw a mouse was in my livingroom, and since I wasn't expecting it (I startle easily), I shrieked and the mouse jumped about two inches and apparently decided it didn't want to have anything to do with me. My mom found it had wandered onto a glue trap she had set a few days later.

The deermouse, however, crept around at night so you didn't know what it was until you put the flashlight on it. You couldn't even hear him scurrying on the dirt. This thing had a tail that was maybe 6-8" long. Cute ears, though.

No comments: