Monday, July 24, 2006

Whoo Hoo! L.A. ROCKS!

In a nutshell, my interview went good.

The company I interviewed with had the most straight-forward and honest people there. The company presentation was devoid of bullshit (a first to see for me!) and I had such an awesome time. They also took us down for a tour of their manufacturing facility and that was also very incredible.

The company has a new hire group that gets together for all sorts of fun things, like beach volleyball, surfing, snowboarding, etc. This group invited all the interviewees out to Sharkeez in Manhattan Beach. I had a great time there (I was DD, so I didn't get to imbibe, but I had fun anyway!) and I give a big thumbs up to Sharkeez's lobster tacos!

After Sharkeez, the interviewees and I went down to the beach to play in the surf a little. Yup, I went in, completely clothed, and came out drenched and smelled like salt and seaweed! Seriously, what was I supposed to do? I was on the Pacific Coast and didn't bring a swimsuit because I thought I wouldn't get the opportunity to play in the water.

My flight out of L.A.X. was delayed an hour because the pilots were late to work. I ended up missing my flight back to Twin Falls and had to take the later flight back. (Maybe I should have opted to take Delta's $400 and waited for the next flight out of L.A.X. Hindsight's always 20/20) It was all right, though, because I wasn't in a hurry to get back and I met some really cool people on the plane and in the airport.

I also made a couple new friends when I was in California. I went down for "just an interview" and ended up making new friends! Who knew?

No comments: