Saturday, July 01, 2006

Get Into It?

Last year, I filled out about three surveys regarding what I thought of Tech and how I would go about improving Tech, etc., so that Tech could research an advertising strategy. The fruits of all the marketing research labor have been reaped. Tech has a new website, complete with slogan: "Get Into It". Granted, it's better than "__________ empowers me to __________", which I think was supposed to turn into "Montana Tech empowers me to __________", but one of my favorite professors filled it in to create "toilet paper empowers me to wipe my ass".

After attending an engineering school for five years, my mind was lost to the gutter long ago. While it's a step from "LearnGrowSucceed", it's. . . yeah. Also, if you venture further into the site, you can still find pages with the old "LearnGrowSucceed" template.

Now, if I was a website developer, and I worked for Montana Tech, I would build the entire site how I wanted it and launch the whole thing on one day. I would not have parts of the old site lying around. Why would I want to "LearnGrowSucceed" when I could "Get Into It"?

"Get Into It". Makes me wonder what "it" I didn't "get into" when I was there. Trouble? A six-pack of beer daily? What? Have I missed out on some aspect of my college education? My God, do I need to go back to get "it"?!?

1 comment:

Dan Loeschke said...

For the Freshmen they could use "get drunk and throw up on it". Hell, they could use that for the upperclassmen too.