Saturday, September 22, 2007

Movie Review - The Brave One

I went to Jodie Foster's new movie, The Brave One, last night. It's gotten great reviews. I was not disappointed, and I highly recommend the movie.

I ended up drawing a few parallels to the movie and what's going on with my life (emotionally) right now. I don't think that's entirely fair (to myself or the movie), but it made me feel better about myself and about my place in the world, so I can't complain about that! At the very least, the movie was good enough for women to empathize with the main character. It was very credible.

No, my lover didn't die. But the breakup was unexpected and almost out-of-the-blue, at least for me.

What ends up happening? You become a stranger to yourself. You become someone else.

Bury my heart and let it sprout forth a new organism, more savage and wild than the previous host, more intrepid and vulnerably feminine - the ne plus ultra of feminine strength.

And I will fear no more.

No comments: