Sunday, September 23, 2007

Six Months

We would have been six months today.

Six months if we were right for one another.

Six months if I wasn't insecure or if he wasn't just out of a marriage that, from what I've been told, shouldn't have taken place. Of course later I found out that, like apparently a lot of other young men, he wasn't looking for a Special Someone - just someone special for now.

It's just nothing now. Just another day.

I was going to mope around the house all day. Instead I went for a bike ride up to Manhattan Beach with my neighbor, and then bought a pattern and some fabric for a summer dress. (I want to play with my new sewing machine!) I also bought a copy of The Art of Happiness. I feel like I must have a lot to learn about letting go of suffering.

But instead of all that, it could have been six months.

No comments: