Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Eastwood/Jolie Period Piece Coming Soon



I think I'm going to see this when it releases. I love films with strong female characters, and films with noir aspects to them.

I'm also discovering that I really like films set in L.A., especially period pieces like this one.

The Boy Who Vanished - and His Impostor

I've tried googling "Christine Collins" to find out more about what happened to her after the events in the movie. Unfortunately, all I've really been able to glean is that she was able to sue one of the public officials (I think the police chief) for money that she never received. I learned from this LA Times article that she lived on 217 N Avenue 23 in Los Angeles.

You can access the LA Public Library for photos. Go to "Photo Collection", then search for "Christine Collins" or "Northcott".

No comments: