Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Situation So Sad I Have To Laugh

I get a bit annoyed when I have to fly now. Not that I've had to in a long while, but still. The idea of spending an extra half hour at the airport to hang out in a line while my stuff gets checked out does not make my "fun" list of things-to-do.

Schneier on Security has a good post on this for something "funny" to do. Not that I would actually do this in fear of wasting a day in bureaucratic hell, but still.

A popular phrase on the comments seems to be "These are not the droids you are looking for".

Forcing me to throw out my toothpaste, or bottle of water, or eyeball solution, does not make me safer. If it did, I could do that at home on my own.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol...no kidding I hate flying. I once bought an ice tea (an expensive one I might add) at the Burbank Airport, after I was past the security check point mind you, and when I approached the gate a half and hour later to board my flight, the woman made me throw away my ice tea...pain in the arse! You should watch that show Airline (I think it is) on the BioChannel, it's pretty enlighting as to just how badly most airport personnel treat flyers,(not that anyone who flies doesn't already know).

That's why we drive down whenever possible.

Diane Lowe said...

I'll have to look into that show. I don't have cable TV so maybe I'll be able to find it on hulu or something.

Even with the hassle of the airports, I'm a bit lazy and would rather fly. I could understand driving to someplace close like to Vegas or my parents' house in Utah, but that's about the limit for me. I think I'm about done with long road trips for the sake of getting from point A to point B!