Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter Sunday

I had a nice Easter.

My new fellow and I went up to Venice Beach to have brunch at The Sidewalk Cafe with a friend, her uncle, and one of her classmates. I had their Eggs Benedict brunch special; it came with Mimosa. The Eggs Benedict was delicious, although I would have preferred the Venice Potatoes to be more crispy to complement the hollandaise sauce better. Their coffee was also really good.

I realize my comment on the potatoes sounds really picky. I don't think I'm especially picky - on the contrary, but I do try to point out what the "ideal situation" would be. The meal was fine on its own, but I happen to prefer crispier potatoes, especially when your food is topped with something like hollandaise. My eating preferences are going to give me a heart attack one of these days, aren't they?

After brunch, we wandered North to the end of the Venice Boardwalk. There are some interesting people that hang out and peddle goods there. There were some guys sitting on a blanket with a cardboard sign: "Family Killed By Ninjas - Need Money For Karate Lessons". I was most impressed with the young juggler I saw - he couldn't have been older than 22.

Several peddlers were selling these spraypaint paintings. They would use spraypaint to create a background, and manipulate the paint to create neat landscapes. Some of the artists would attract quite the crowd, although I think some people would hang around more for the fumes than the show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hang around for the fumes. Congratulations on the piano. If you play it at 8am like the girl across the walk plays her freaking violin at 8am, we will have to speak. If you can actually accompany this poor soul and make her sound somehow better, I may sleep better, and thus, be appreciative. Happy Birthday and again, congratulations on the piano. A lifetime of fun, I promise. Maybe shoot for Journey before conquering Chopin. I know a Journey tune or 2. I could come up and show ya a thing or 2. Hope you don't mind me lurking on yer little blog but I have a few friends out there with blogs with some interesting things to say and I like to keep up...

Glad you had a great birthday. Sounds like a good guy.

Keep cool fool....

s

Diane Lowe said...

Well, "s", I'm usually at work at 8:00 AM! (Not this morning, though) I don't know about you, but I'm more concerned about hearing the school band play (football season) when I'm trying to sleep at night.

I definitely don't mind you lurking on my blog! If I did, I would never have given you the URL! Silly!