Monday, April 30, 2007

Broken

My favorite professor from college once told me that people are inherently broken. The closer I get to people, the closer I get to myself, I believe it.

Is it possible to get un-broken? Is it possible for me to say that events A, B, and C in my life seriously were the cause of all the SNAFUery (I didn't make it up, I promise!) in my life and doing X, Y and Z things will be the salve that heals the burn?

Or is the brokenness irreparable, and we are forced to plod ahead and hope that we can meet people/do actions/have feelings that will cause us to be less broken in the future?

Either path, both full of hope, are equally full of bloody heart-rendering and tears so bitter you can hardly taste the sweetness in life. But only if you're honest with yourself, and you must be if you hope to truly mend.

No comments: