Thursday, April 12, 2007

Ineffable!

What is so magically intangible about love? Why is every iteration of "I think I'm falling in love" more "true" to the speaker than the last? How can we feel or know anything that is, by definition, undefinable?

Logic, rationality has failed me (almost). At the least any rational thought has been seriously hindered by the chemical changes induced by hormones. We are all addicted to oxytocin.

I'm in grave danger of causing a lot of trouble for myself. But only if it doesn't work out - if it does work out, then I've caused myself to have a grand adventure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'm in grave danger of causing a lot of trouble for myself. But only if it doesn't work out - if it does work out, then I've caused myself to have a grand adventure."

Diane, this is just not true. You will have the great adventure whether it works out or not. That's the beauty of it. If you define "works out" as your true and forever love, please consider the improbability of this at the ripe old age of what....23? Not that I suggest "hey, this won't work out", but I do suggest you throw that caution to the wind and take the ride. Most relationships "don't work out" for lack of a better frame of reference, but they are what make us happy and make us who we are. Love relationships are like beautiful flowers or long drives. It may not bloom as you wished and your destination may not be as you imagined, but it's exactly perfect right now. So enjoy the ride. And you never know....it could just work out.

Boy, I'm feeling wordy today.

Going to Argentina. Catch ya in June.

Cheers...

s

Diane Lowe said...

No? I guess I'd rather have a grand adventure with a happy ending than a grand adventure troubled with mishaps and a non-happy ending.

I'm actually the ripe old age of 24! :P

Have fun in Argentina! Don't get into too much trouble!